Job Listing: Manager of Buildings & Grounds
Virginia Museum of History & Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Manager of Buildings & Grounds
Salary - $50,000–$55,000/Annually (starting salary range)
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply, click here.
The Manager of Buildings & Grounds operates and manages museum-owned facilities to efficiently and economically maintain conservation, preservation and comfort needs. The Manager of Buildings & Grounds also provides leadership, support and effective management to the Buildings & Grounds Assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage preventative maintenance programs on museum-owned facilities and equipment as prescribed by manufacture specifications, code requirements and/or industry standards
- Assist management with construction and repair projects for museum-owned facilities
- Coordinate and assist in responding to and preforming staff generated work requests in a timely manner with limited call-backs
- Maintain parts and supplies inventory for critical systems to minimize limited downtime and provide for efficient department performance
- Manage, communicate with, and update the list of current maintenance vendors and contractors.
- Assist management with building operations budget allocations
- Provide primary on-call response to emergencies
- Assist Security with the daily opening and closing of museum-owned facilities as needed
- Assist management and staff with special projects as directed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
- Through working knowledge of building operation systems and historic structures
- Ability to read and apply building blueprints, equipment schematics and building specification manuals
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Possess understanding of budget process
- Ability to manage automated energy management systems to conserve energy and minimize utility budgets
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to perform manual duties to include climbing, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Good customer service skills
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Possess at least a journeyman's level of competency in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, or related field.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in commercial maintenance and building operations
- Certified DCJS registration as an Alarm Respondent & Unarmed Security Officer/Courier
Note & Special Requirements:
- May require early morning, evening and weekend hours
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities.