Job Listing: Major Gifts Officer
National Museum of the U.S. Army - Ft. Belvoir, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Major Gifts Officer
Salary - $60,000-$70,000/annually
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
About The Organization
The Army Historical Foundation (AHF) was established in 1983 as a member-based charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization to raise funds to build the National Museum of the U.S. Army and manage revenue generation operations in the Museum facility. Our funding also helps acquire and conserve Army historical art and artifacts, support Army history educational programs, research, and publication of historical materials on the American Soldier, and provide support and counsel to private and governmental organizations committed to the same goals.
About The Position
The AHF is seeking a Major Gifts Officer to drive fundraising revenue, cultivate relationships with new and existing AHF donors, move and manage prospects through the major gifts pipeline, and retain a portfolio of donors within a regional framework. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of stewarding a portfolio of such donors and the demonstrated ability to communicate alignment between organizational mission and prospective donor interests. This position is based at the National Museum of the United States Army in Fairfax, VA. Applicants must be willing and able to be physically based in Fort Belvoir.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Identify, qualify, and manage a caseload of donors interested in AHF's mission. While a portion of the Major Gifts Officer's portfolio will be existing donors, this role will also include new-donor development.
- Create moves-management plans for engaging and soliciting each donor and execute plans promptly.
- Work with departments across the Foundation to secure appropriate project information and create offers, proposals, and asks that resonate with donors.
- Perform other donor development activities as may be required. Ability to successfully solicit donations, follow through on pending asks and bring a gift to fruition.
- Ability to write effective sponsor offers, proposals, and requests.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines while adhering to the policies of the Foundation, working collaboratively with colleagues, and promoting the mission, goals, and values of the Foundation.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fundraising
- A high-level of interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- The willingness to travel for donor meetings based on regional assignment – roughly 10% (Due to COVID-19, travel is currently suspended.)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should respond to this opening and send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. No phone calls.
The Army Historical Foundation is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week (In-office three days a week, work from home two days a week.).