Job Listing: IT Support Technician
Mariners' Museum - Newport News, VA
Salary: This is a full time hourly, non-exempt position that pays $17.00 an hour.
Closes: Open until filled
The IT Technician is responsible for assisting in daily help desk duties by providing excellent customer service to staff. This position provides hands-on assistance to troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and configure computer hardware, software, printer, and peripheral issues at the Museum.
- Answer help desk phones and respond to submitted help desk tickets
- Repair computer hardware
- Install Museum approved software
- Install operating system updates and patches
- Remove viruses and malware
- Troubleshoot computer system and related issues
- Install printers, scanners, audio devices, and other peripherals
- Setup computer systems for special events
- Manage the department's invoices, ordering, and inventory
- Other duties as directed by the Sr. Director of Technology.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to convey highly technical information to those with a lesser technical background
- Applicant must understand common industry accepted concepts, practices, protocols, and procedures
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013/2016/2019 Suite
- Working knowledge using a work order ticketing system as an agent
- Familiarity with cybersecurity best practices and principles
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred. Equivalent technical training, coursework, or work experience may be considered in lieu of academic requirements.
- Experience working with Windows, and macOS platforms.
- Current CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ certification desired.
- Current Microsoft MCP or MCSA desired.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen prior to employment.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
The physical activity of this position:
- Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important of the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception and field vision.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general labor, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, tec.)