Job Listing: House Museum Executive Director
Travellers Rest Historic House Museum, Inc. (Travellers Rest) seeks candidates for the position of Executive Director. Nashville’s oldest historic house open to the public, Travellers Rest has been an integral part in the Nashville and middle Tennessee museum community for over fifty years. The site's interpretive and educational mission has evolved and expanded to include as well almost 1,000 years of cultural development of the mid-Cumberland Basin, from the area's prehistoric origins as a Native American settlement, to Nashville as an outpost on America's first frontier, to the Civil War and the city's emergence as a leading capital of the New South.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, attributes and education:
- Graduation from an accredited university with at least a Bachelor’s degree and preferably a Master’s degree.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit fiscal management, including fund accounting and budgeting and a track record for being fiscally responsible is desired.
- Experience in developing and carrying out strategic plans.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral communication, and outstanding interpersonal relations.
- Successful development/fundraising experience is required.
- Experience in stewardship of museum collections.
- Experience in developing and marketing educational and public programs a plus.
- Experience in historic preservation and building/landscape restoration a plus.
- Project management and construction oversight a plus.
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Marketing/PR experience
- Demonstrates confidence, authority, and enthusiasm
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative management style
- Enjoys working with people from all walks of life and embraces diversity
For more information, please visit our website at: www.travellersrestplantation.org. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applicants should submit a letter of interest and a current resume to:
Travellers Rest Search Committee
c/o Center for Nonprofit Management