Job Listing: Guest Services Associates
Museum of the Shenandoah Valley - Winchester, VA
Salary: $11.50/hour parttime
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley is seeking enthusiastic Guest Services Associates. Guest Services Associates provide front-line customer service in the Lobby, Gift Shop, Gate House and on the phone; process museum admission; provide online program registration to callers, direct all incoming phone calls; and disseminate general information to the public. Additionally, Guest Services Associates provide exceptional hospitality services in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner to all guests during their entire visit.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to work well with the public and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse group of people
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Basic math skills
- Working knowledge of retail operations, including POS, telephone and computer systems
- Interest in and/or knowledge of history, decorative arts, gardening, horticulture and fine arts.