Job Listing: Grants and Communications Specialist PT
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Grants and Communications Specialist
Salary - $20.00/Hour
Job Type - Part-Time
For more info and to apply: Click here.
We have an exciting opportunity here at the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation! We are seeking a talented Grants and Communications Specialist to work cooperatively as part of our Development team. This position will write and submit proposals to foundations, corporations, and government partners; and will write and coordinate grantor and funder reports. This role also maintains a calendar of proposal and reporting deadlines; collaborates in communications efforts for the Development office and contributes to the agency-wide quarterly magazine, “Inside JYF.” Provides writing and editing support and assists with other Development activities as needed.
– Proven experience in grant writing, proposal writing, or other persuasive writing.
– Experience in grant monitoring, reporting, and compliance.
– Superior written and verbal communications skills.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet research. Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT or other comparable fundraising database.
– Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgement; make sound decisions; take initiative.
– Must be able to process and secure confidential information related to donors and donor prospects.
Experience in educational, arts, or museum-related field preferred.
– Complimentary admissions to reciprocal museums.
– American Alliance of Museums Membership.
– Café discounts.
– Professional development opportunities.
– Opportunities to work in multiple departments through our Workforce Maximization program.
– Career skills training.
This position has the opportunity for promotional movement within the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation and other agencies within the Commonwealth of Virginia. We believe that long-term career growth is a key aspect of job satisfaction.
Please submit an application either online at virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com or by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional application options. Applicants only will be screened based on what is presented in the Commonwealth of Virginia employment application and related documents. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. JYF encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in a manner consistent with legal requirements. JYF complies with Executive Directive #18 – Ensuring a Safe Workplace.