Job Listing: Foundation Executive Director
LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA - RICHMOND, VA
Closes: May 31
The Library of Virginia Foundation is seeking an experienced executive to lead the organization with energy, passion and creativity.
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer of the Foundation. The Executive Director plans and oversees all development activities; manages the work of the Board of Directors and its committees; inspires and supervises the Foundation staff; and serves as a member of the Librarian of Virginia’s Executive Management Team.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Forming a strategic approach to fund development activities through memberships, individual gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind support;
• Overseeing the Foundation’s major gift and planned giving efforts and the upcoming 200th anniversary capital campaign;
• Coordinating all activities for the Board of Directors and its committees;
• Planning all Foundation events, including the annual Virginia Literary Awards gala;
• Managing the Foundation’s budget and all financial activities;
• Supervising the Foundation’s retail operations, including retail shops in the Library building and the state Capitol; and
• Supervising the Foundation staff.
The next Executive Director will:
• Work closely with the Board of Directors, the Librarian of Virginia, and the Library’s management team to set fund-raising goals and priorities that support the Library’s mission, vision, and Strategic Plan;
• Strive to raise the Foundation’s institutional profile and increase its impact; and
• Grow philanthropic interest in and support for the Foundation in preparation for the Library’s 200th anniversary in 2023.
- A track record of effective non-profit management, including nurturing the visionary process and implementing strategic goals.
- Proven successful experience in designing, managing and executing fund development programs. Strengths should include major gift solicitations, planned giving, and capital campaigns
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience with building and maintaining relationships with board members, colleagues, donors, local and statewide political leaders, and numerous other strategic partners
- Experience with growing organizational capacity through volunteers and staff
- Detail-oriented focus, and willingness to be a “hands-on” participant with the staff in all initiatives to assure follow through and results
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; be highly personable
- Proven ability to inspire enthusiasm, energize supporters, and motivate others
Salary & Benefits: Comensurate with experience. Health; Dental; 401K; Life
Applications (cover letter and resume), nominations and referrals should be addressed to: Executive Director Search Committee Attn: Nancy Orr Library of Virginia Foundation 800 East Broad Street Richmond, Virginia 23219 Please send all information via surface mail or electronically to email@example.com, no later than May 31, 2019.