Job Listing: Finance/Fiscal Manager
Muscarelle Museum of Art - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Finance/Fiscal Manager
Salary - Based on Experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply, click here.
- account reconciliations with the university’s Banner system
- coordination and management of all financial activities of the Muscarelle Museum of Art Foundation (an associated 501 © 3 entity with a mission to provide financial support to the Muscarelle Museum of Art)
- management of disbursements from Museum endowments
- in-house audits for ensuring accuracy.
- the drafting of contracts
- procurement of goods and services
- generating purchase orders through the eVA system
- preparing transactions for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, travel planning and reimbursements for Muscarelle Museum staff for Museum-related expenditures.
- Stay current with, interprets, and disseminates internal procedures and forms to ensure adherence to office, University, and state policies and regulations applicable to project functions (e.g., benefits, travel, procurement);
- Evaluates financial management activities to ensure compliance with University, state, and federal policies, rules, and regulations;
- Trains and supervises staff on procedures adhering to these requirements;
- Establishes and maintains multiple and frequent internal and external consultations with numerous offices on campus (e.g., Grants, Auxiliary Services, Procurement, Financial Aid, Human Resources, and Financial Operations) on matters related to administrative/business management and the implementation of administrative/fiscal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordination of financial activities with the Board Chair and Finance Committee of the Muscarelle Museum of Art Foundation Board of Trustees,
- Works collaboratively with the University’s Office of Finance and Administration, and the external accountants and auditors for the Muscarelle Museum of Art Foundation and
- Works with Museum administration to accurately track all donations, gifts, and membership applications and renewals with lists and compilations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply general accounting principles and budgeting practices
- Demonstrated understanding of auditing standards and regulatory compliance
- Working knowledge of procurement systems
- Proficiency with Quickbooks or comparable system
- General computer knowledge including proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets (e.g., Word and Excel), and an understanding of database software concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer hardware and software
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision and as a team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Experience working at the university level with grant programs
- Ability to demonstrate advanced proficiency with computer hardware and Software
- Working knowledge of Banner