Job Listing: Facilities Coordinator
Branch Museum of Architecture and Design - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Facilities Coordinator
Salary - $15.00/hour
Job Type - Part-Time
The Facilities Coordinator will be employed part-time by The Branch and shall perform duties and assume responsibilities as established by the building needs and space use needs of The Branch. The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design elevates awareness of the transformative power of design. We achieve this through exhibits, educational programs, and community outreach.
Responsibilities to include:
- Perform light maintenance work, to include painting, patching, light plaster repair, carpentry, lock repair and replacement
- Perform care and upkeep of garden and other outdoor spaces, including mowing, trimming, weeding, mulching, watering, and planting
- Maintain inventories of supplies and equipment
- Act as point of contact for maintenance vendors
- Act as point of contact for tenant issues
- Purchasing of needed supplies and equipment
- Set-up and break-down of tables, chairs, A/V equipment, and other event materials for museum programs, space rentals, and other events
- Coordinate and perform custodial duties as needed for the cleanliness and orderly appearance of the museum and gardens – including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, trash removal, and plant care
- Perform cleaning and sanitizing of museum spaces, including rental spaces, restrooms, high-touch surfaces, and other common areas.
- Other duties as assigned
- Hard-worker with the ability to manage concurrent timelines of tasks
- Self-starter with the ability to begin and complete a project independently
- High degree of professionalism with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform facility management projects, including minor work in the building trades (may include some combination of painting, plastering, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following trades: building systems (HVAC, heat, electrical, plumbing), building maintenance, preservation/ restoration, and landscaping
- Ability to and interest in learning new skills and trades
- Resourceful nature, innovative spirit, and creative approach to problem solving is valued
- Previous experience in facilities or maintenance work is a plus
- Familiarity with historic buildings is a strong plus
The Facilities Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this position. Ability to walk and stand at least 80%
of day. This position requires the ability to regularly lift and carry materials, equipment, products, and supplies of up to 60 lbs. This position requires the ability to negotiate stairs and climb a ladder.
This is a part-time position of 25 hours per week. Work hours are expected to be 7:30am – 1:00pm, Monday through Friday, MUST be flexible to work some evenings and weekends for special events.
There is no expected travel for this position.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time with possibility of full-time
Pay: minimum of $15.00 or more dependent on experience
COVID-19 considerations: Masks and gloves are provided. Hand sanitizer is available
Open until filled
To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org