Job Listing: Facilities Assistant
Norfolk Botanical Garden - Norfolk, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Facilites Assistant
Salary - $12.00/hour
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Description: Performs general building maintenance, minor equipment maintenance and repair, custodial work, and event setup.
Reports to: Facility Supervisor.
Essential Functions: Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and customer service oriented. Experience with electrical, plumbing, or carpentry a plus but aptitude and willingness to learn is acceptable.
Essential Physical Functions: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to work outside for 8 hours in heat, cold or light rain and can continuously walk, stand, bend, twist and/or stoop. Has the ability to push, pull and perform manual labor during working hours.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Schedule subject to Garden needs. Nights and weekends required.
- Ability to work outside for 8 hours in heat, cold, or light rain and can continuously walk, stand, bend, and/or stoop.
- Ability to push, pull, and perform manual labor for 8 hours.
- 18 or older with valid driver’s license.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Pay: $12.00 per hour.
- Health insurance including an HSA or copay option (NBG pays 70% of individual premium and 65% of dependent/family premium)
- 403(b) retirement plan with discretionary 4% match
- Company sponsored life-insurance coverage.
- Group rates on voluntary benefits such as dental, supplemental medical expense insurance, vision, STD, accident.
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Staff discounts on programming, gift shop & café.
- NBG logo wear for work provided.
- EAP services for all employees.
Equal Employer Opportunity (EEO) statement: NBG is committed to the principles and ideals of equal employment opportunity. It is, and shall continue to be, the policy and practice throughout NBG to foster equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for applicants, employees, and volunteers without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation, status as a veteran, or other protected status, if qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Send resumes and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org