Job Listing: Event & Rentals Coordinator
The Poe Museum - Richmond, VA
Closes - June 9, 2021
Position Title – Event & Rentals Coordinator
Salary - up to $15.00/hour
Job Type - Part-time
Events & Rentals Coordinator is a part-time support position for a small nonprofit museum. Duties include managing all aspects event planning, implementation, and evaluation as well as a robust rentals program.
Roles and Responsibilities: The Events & Rentals Coordinator illuminates Poe for everyone, evermore by cultivating and developing a growing body of revenue-earning activities at the Poe Museum. These activities fall into the categories of community events and public rentals. The Coordinator supports the leadership in all activities required to maintain existing revenue-earning activities, as well as research, development, and implementation of new opportunities. The Events & Rentals Coordinator is an energetic, detailed, problem-solver who has the flexibility to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and is invigorated by a challenge.
Events & Rentals
● Design, develop, implement, and evaluate signature events such as UNHappy Hours, Birthday Bash, and holiday events, as well as episodic events such as book talks, partner collaborations, etc.
● Provide planning and logistics support leading up to, on day of, and post-events
● Deliver professional event oversight and execution
● Create and follow museum procedures, event budgets, and meet set deadlines
● Manage rentals program from inquiry, to planning and coordination, to wrap-up
● Serve as museum point of contact before, during, and after rentals, balancing activities and needs of client, vendors, and other museum departments
● Provide excellent customer service to all museum guests, vendors, and rental clients
● Support the branding and marketing of all museum events and the rentals program
● Research and development of new events and opportunities to advance the museum mission
● Deliver museum mission by giving group tours, answering guest inquiries, and supporting other functional areas of the museum
● 3-5 years related experience
● Excellent PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as Google Drive
● Ability to multi-task and respond to a rapidly changing environment, including interruptions and continually changing to priorities
● Good sense of prioritization; flexibility - able to 'switch gears' with little notice
● Demonstration of sharp attention to detail
● Willingness to do what it takes to get a job done
● Strong, energetic, comfortable communicator, capable of engaging with individuals or large groups
● Professional demeanor on phone and in person with all contacts and co-workers
● Determination, commitment, and ownership of work
● Strong organizational skills; ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
● Ability to work effectively in a multifaceted, team environment
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience Hours: Part-time position, 32 hours per week. Weekday schedule is flexible; Friday and Saturday availability is required.
Physical Requirements of the Position: Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time. Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate events.
● Availability to work weekends and evenings
● Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.), or equivalent experience
● Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
● Translate complex technical concepts into language easily comprehensible to diverse audiences
● Work independently as part of an entrepreneurial team
● Ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on tight deadlines
● Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence
● Savvy with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as online email and website platforms, including Google Drive
● Experience planning and executing multi-day and/or virtual events
● Successful completion of the Virginia ABC Authority RSVP and/or MART training course(s) Application Requirements: Qualified candidates may be asked to provide sample event proposals and/or plans.
Salary/Commitment: Up to $15.00/hr. depending on experience; approximately 32 hours per week; evening, weekend and holiday work required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and professional references to Aaron-Paula Thompson, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Events & Rentals Coordinator” in the subject line. Application deadline is June 9, 2021. No phone calls.