Job Listing: Evening Programs & Special Events Operations Assistant
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation - Williamsburg, VA
Salary: Commenserate with experience
Open until filled
The Evening Programs & Special Events Operations Assistant supports the mission of Colonial Williamsburg by providing a variety of administrative functions for Evening Programs and Special Events, supporting the Manager of Evening Programs and producing and maintaining work schedules for staff as well as programming and venue schedules.
- Supports the Manager of Evening Programs in creating, maintaining, and communicating staff schedules for Evening Programs and Special Events.
- Builds and maintains seasonal templates and roll calls.
- Uses appropriate technology systems (i.e. Kronos, EMS, Outlook, Excel, BOS) to record and maintain work schedules and communicates hours scheduled to timekeeping, to individual employees, and to the management team.
- Maintains appropriate records and produces reports as requested.
- Assists Director of Entertainment and Manager of Evening Programs to coordinate staff and programming for Special Events and Evening Programs.
- Assist with management of Evening Programs ticket inventory and coordinates the booking of Evening Programs for School Groups, Hotel Conference Services, Hotel Concierge, Visitor Center, and other special requests.
- Actively manages inquiries by answering questions, solving problems, and seeking out answers from staff and other parts of the Foundation.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with the division’s interpreters, managers, supervisors, and directors, and effectively coordinates programs and communication. Communicates in a helpful, proactive manner with all involved. Uses good judgment in discerning between information that is confidential and information that is needed by others to do their job.
- Assists with daily operations of Museum Theater department, performing other duties as needed.
- Demonstrates and promotes positivity, flexibility, and resiliency in a changing work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently
- Excellent word processing skills and ability to adapt to ever changing technological developments
- Ability to type 50-55 words per minute accurately
- Proficiency in designing and producing computer spreadsheets
- Very strong organizational skills and flawless attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work efficiently, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to evaluate situations and exercise sound judgement
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain hospitable and effective work relationships with diverse people across the organization
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated dependability and punctuality
- Demonstrated confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to perform various functions such as standing or sitting for long periods of time, walking across uneven surfaces, climbing stairs, seeing in varying light conditions
- Ability to occasionally work outside in varying weather conditions
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds (transporting supplies/materials occasionally)
- Ability to come in daily contact with some allergens, such as pollen, dust, and mold
- Ability to work primarily in an office environment with frequent noise/distractions
- Familiarity with Historic Area operations
- Familiarity with Evening Programs and/or Special Event