Job Listing: Education Coordinator Tudor Place
Tudor Place, Washington, DC
Title: Education Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Education & Visitor Services
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, Non-Emergency
Tudor Place Historic House & Garden, a 5 1/2 acre historic estate located in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. is seeking an Education Coordinator. This position is responsible for coordinating programs for schools, scouts, adults and families. The Education Coordinator is an essential part of the Tudor Place team and works closely with all staff. The ideal candidate will feel energized by the diversity of responsibilities in this role and excited to share knowledge with diverse audiences as part of a dynamic team.
Under the unique circumstances of the ongoing public health emergency, Tudor Place strives to be a responsible and flexible employer. All staff are required to adhere to specific guidelines for workplace, employee, and visitor health and safety.
Tuesday through Saturday (35 hours weekly); some Sundays and evenings required.
School & Teacher Programs
• Coordinate school programming including scheduling, staffing, setup, teaching, breakdown, and post programming evaluations with Education Fellow
• Maintain relationships with schools, program collaborators and other community stakeholders
• Create and test curriculum and content for school programming and offerings, including virtual offerings
• Schedule buses and maintain accurate records for grant funded Title 1 busing program
• Schedule Museum Teachers, staff and interns to ensure program coverage for all school groups
• Recruit and train Museum Teachers
• Manage interns and fellows with the assistance of Director of Education & Visitor Services
• Assist Director of Education & Visitor Services with teacher professional development programs
Public & Scout Programs
• Manage all aspects of Scout programs
• Work with Director of Education & Visitor Services to coordinate, facilitate and evaluate public programs
• Schedule and manage Museum Teachers to ensure program coverage
• Lead tours of historic house and garden as needed
• Operate Visitor Center as required
• Create online education content for the website and social media to keep audiences engaged
• Work with Director of Education & Visitor Services to create critical learning environments that are responsive to current events and the evolving interpretation of the site and history
• Assist the organization with the interpretation of new historical information
• Maintain inventories of supplies
• Work with Communications Coordinator on promotion of programs
• Attend training sessions and ongoing program meetings as scheduled
• Monitor and keep records on program expenses
• Prepare reports and analysis as required
• Travel within DC Metro area as needed
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in American history, American studies, art history, museum studies, museum education, or
education; advanced degree a plus
• Experience creating educational programming for youth and adult audiences in a museum, historic house or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of learning styles, museum education theory and practice, and the ability to apply them creatively to
programming and interpretation
• Ability to lead programs through a variety of technologies including Teams, Zoom and Google Meet
• Demonstrated ability to create dynamic interpretative programming for both in person and remote learning
• Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Flexibility, enthusiasm and an attitude of respect for working with diverse staff and visitors
• Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
• Knowledge of early American history, architecture, horticulture, and/or decorative arts a plus
• Knowledge of Blackbaud software (Altru knowledge a plus)
• Ability to work in a wide range of environmental conditions and temperatures indoor and outdoor
• Strength, dexterity, and mobility to perform all duties, including lifting objects, stooping, bending, climbing stairs
and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Salary range: $34,000 - $38,000.
Tudor Place prides itself on providing excellent benefits to eligible employees, including paid leave, paid holidays, life
insurance, medical benefits, free on-site parking, and a staff Museum Shop discount.
Please email Helen Hubbard-Davis, Director of Finance & Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and
cover letter. Please include “EDUCATION COORDINATOR” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Tudor Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer.