Job Listing: Director of Marketing and Communications
STRATFORD HALL - STRATFORD, VA
Director of Marketing and Communications
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, direct and implement marketing and communications strategies to promote visitation to Stratford Hall
- Increase attendance
- Increase hospitality business revenue (occupancy/lodging, food and beverage, events)
- Increase gift shop patronage
- Develop an annual plan and budget and manage available resources to achieve strategic, targeted communications, retaining existing audiences and developing new ones
- Develop, produce and place advertising and publicity materials
- Develop and place press releases on a regular, recurring basis
- Develop relationships with media contacts
- Develop and produce a range of internal communications pieces, working closely with leadership in Development and Programming
- Visitor information, hand-outs, maps, etc.
- Twice-yearly printed newsletter (Chronicle)
- Annual report
- Bi-monthly e-newsletter
- Working closely and in conjunction with the Development and Marketing Manager and the Social Media Manager, construct an integrated marketing and communications strategy across all channels
- Engage and oversee external vendors and partners
- Serve on the leadership team that will revise and improve Stratford Hall’s web site
- Serve as a spokesperson and representative to community and tourism-related boards and organizations
- Assist in planning and execution of various Stratford events, including pricing strategies and logistics
- Prepare analyses and reports related to Stratford’s business performance, effectiveness of communications and marketing outreach, pricing, etc.
- Perform other related duties as determined by the needs of the position and the organization
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and ten years related communications and marketing experience, with a demonstrated record of strategic, creative, innovative approaches and accomplishments
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Requisite and appropriate computer and technological skills and experience; design and graphics capability a plus
- Familiarity with non-profit/historic site/museum/destination marketing a plus
- The successful candidate will be a highly organized, meticulous, detail- and service-oriented individual with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, lead multiple projects simultaneously, and work effectively both independently and collaboratively, while maintaining a professional and collegial manner with colleagues and the public.
- Position reports to the President and works closely with senior colleagues across the Stratford organization but particularly the Director of Development; Director of Programming, Education and Visitor Engagement; and Director of Hospitality, along with close and daily work with the Development and Marketing Manager and the Social Media Manager.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references to Kim Packett at KPackett@stratfordhall.org. Applications will be accepted until October 21, 2018