Job Listing: Director of Community Engagement & Programming
Red Hill - Patrick Henry National Memorial - Brookneal, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Director of Community Engagement & Programming
Salary - $35,000 base salary with health insurance and retirement plan.
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Summary –Patrick Henry’s Red Hill is seeking a Director of Community Engagement & Programming to enthusiastically engage the public in events and programs at Red Hill through social media, communications, and building relationships.
Essential Functions –
- Develop and manage a marketing and communication strategy to promote new and expanded programs to reach underrepresented communities, including local African Americans.
- Develop and implement virtual and in-person programs and material that advance the Foundation’s mission of education and preservation.
- Manage social media (using Facebook Business, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and external communications to update the public on the advancement of Red Hill’s mission and current affairs.
- Assists with grant writing and copywriting for press releases and marketing materials.
- Collaborate with staff on special projects and events through the planning process, execution, and reporting.
- Maintain awareness of Foundation activities and initiatives, community affairs, and current events to share with the public.
- Work closely with the Foundation’s Community Engagement Committee and Research Advisory Council.
- Engage in development through partnering with and meeting donors, sponsors, and creating calls to action.
- Work closely with researchers and archaeologists to share discoveries with visitors and the community at large regarding Red Hill and the Quarter Place.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications –
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Social Media Management, Project Management, Public Relations, Communications, or a similar program.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably communicate with audiences of varying demographics.
- Organizational and program management skills gained through experience or in education.
- Experience with social media campaigns.
- Strong, team-oriented approach.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to represent the Foundation with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Commitment to community outreach and inclusion.
- Available to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Able to lift 20 pounds.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Experience working in a museum or a non-profit environment.
- Able to use Canva and Adobe Suite software.
Salary & Benefits
- $35,000 base salary with health insurance and retirement plan.
- On-site housing available for relocation.
- Professional Development opportunities.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.