Job Listing: Director, DAR Insignia Store
DAR Insignia Store - Washington, D.C.
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Director
Salary - Based on experience and qualifications.
Job Type - Full-time
For more info and to apply, click here.
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution has an exciting opportunity for a Director-level position leading our in-house Insignia operation. Since the earliest days of the DAR, insignia have been the emblem of our membership, and of member participation in activities that advance the DAR’s objectives.
This position oversees and supervises all aspects of the DAR Insignia operation including retail sales through an e-commerce platform, pop-up shops at DAR state conferences, order fulfillment, customer service, marketing, vendor management, quality control, and people management.
The DAR Insignia Store operation was previously being outsourced to a third-party vendor. Sales are projected to be $2-3 million annually.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a relevant field such as business, marketing, merchandising media, fine art, etc. Relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
- Specialized training in jewelry / insignia is a plus.
- Proven managerial experience with e-commerce, call center, and point of sale systems.
- Proven success in identifying, contracting with, and managing suppliers / vendors in high-volume brick and mortar retail and online business.
- Minimum of seven years of previous retail and online sales experience with at least five of those years in management.
- Proven success in managing a profitable high-volume retail business. Jewelry and insignia experience a plus.
- Proven success in the development and oversight of marketing materials and campaigns for high volume retail and online business.
- Proven success in managing staff for a small to medium retail business, with online sales and call center, and seasonal pop-up shop operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with order fulfillment software in e-commerce business setting. Big Commerce experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with point-of-sale inventory management system. Retail Pro experience is a plus.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, diplomacy and sensitivity, and the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing, building, and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated business and analytical skills.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and adhere to a budget consistent with departmental and organizational objectives. Proficiency with financial report analysis.
- Ability to develop strong understanding of process workflows in order to develop or revise department procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Please include a cover letter sharing how your skills meet our needs and include your salary requirement or range for consideration. Please use this link to submit your information: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/dar/jobs/1813807-406236