Job Listing: Digital Video Creator/Digital Engagement
GEORGE WASHINTON'S MOUNT VERNON - MOUNT VERNON, VA
Open until filled
Are you a social media expert with a passion for photography and video? Are you someone who loves to have one foot in the historical world and another in the latest, modern technology? Are you someone who loves American history and is keen to tell the stories of our past through YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram? Here at George Washington’s Mount Vernon we are looking for someone who wants to leverage their photography and video production skills to tell engaging stories on social media for George Washington’s Mount Vernon. This role will work with a wide range of performers, scholars, historians, and in-house experts in originating, shooting, editing, building, promoting, and analyzing video-based content.
The ideal candidate will be one who has a certain mastery of video production and editing. They should have a good amount of experience managing a social media presence, especially YouTube. The candidate should have strong and demonstrated background in the use of digital video editing packages like Adobe Premier Pro and/or Final Cut Pro. The ability and flexibility to capture a wide variety of activities and special events at the Estate is a must.
- Communicating directly with visitors and supporters on Mount Vernon’s Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and encouraging engagement
- Developing new video content for web, mobile, social media, and other program needs
- Creating new, innovative video series for social media
- Capturing Mount Vernon events and programs via video and photographic efforts
- Analyzing the impact and effectiveness of video and other new media efforts
- Managing and enhancing the New Media’s video and photographic systems and tools
- Working closely with the Digital Engagement team on various initiatives
- Mastering our web content management system
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must be a creative, innovative thinker with regards to social media
- Minimum of 2 years experience in producing, editing, and promoting video on the Web
- Demonstrated capability in capturing high quality video
- Expert knowledge of Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere Pro and related video post-production tools such as Adobe After Effects
- Detailed knowledge of video production workflow
- Excellent understanding of how to maximize Mount Vernon’s presence on popular video channels like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to manage a complex schedule and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Deadline focused; Ability to work effectively with little direct supervision
- Ability to be on-camera is a major plus – are you someone who is comfortable on both sides of the camera?
- Strong understanding of how to measure the effectiveness of video content
- Good editorial skills and an attention to detail
- Good understanding of the Revolutionary era
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing a social media presence, YouTube preferred
- Experience with content management systems
The Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a drug-free workplace that conducts pre-employment drug tests and background checks.