Job Listing: Development Asst. Research Analyst
COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG FOUNDATION - WILLIAMSBURG, VA
Position open until filled
The Development Assistant Research Analyst performs a variety of tasks related to researching potential and current individual, corporate and foundation prospects, focusing primarily on validating prospects identified through the wealth sweep process. The Development Assistant Research Analyst also conducts prospect research and prospect management activities as needed.
- Validate prospects identified through the wealth sweep process for a minimum of 2,500 names through the first phase of the project plus any additional names determined through subsequent phases of the project to be of interest to the Foundation.
- Assist with basic wealth evaluations of new special donor society members and those with capacity to make major gifts, as needed.
- Assist with updates of out-of-date bios and profiles; enter and update information in donor database and perform periodic database maintenance related to research.
- Assist with prospect management activities and strategy development for Gift Officers, as needed.
- Run and distribute Clear Next Step reports for Gift Officers, and update strategies and clear next steps in database as needed.
- Assist with various events and meetings, including special donor society meetings and Art Museums events, as needed.
- Assist with leadership seating meetings in advance of special donor society meetings; attend debriefing meetings, link debriefing notes in database.
- Assist with analyses on donor giving, geographical giving (current and potential) and various reports to Development staff.
- Assist with donor events as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of experience in Development research and prospects management in addition to excellent writing and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with the APRA skill set for prospect research fundamentals as well as the APRA code of ethics.
- Experience using various research tools.
- Skilled in using fundraising databases, Excel and other reporting tools.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills, and the ability to manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capable of acting as a positive team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Millennium donor database.
- Experience in a museum, historical or preservation setting.