Job Listing: Customer Service Representative
Client Service Representative, Re:discovery Software, Charlottesville, VA
At Re:discovery Software, we design collections management software for care takers of our nations treasures. We
have a notable and diverse clientele including art, history, & science museums, corporate & private collections, archives,
universities, research libraries, non-profits, archaeological sites, government agencies, and more.
Responsibilities and Duties
Generally, CSRs are responsible for the management of the implementation process with new clients including setup,
configuration, installation, data conversions, training, documentation, and testing and then on-going support for clients
using Re:discovery products.
• Work with new clients to customize the interface to suit the institutional or individual needs based on their
purchase, convert existing electronic data into Proficio or Elements, and train clients to use the software upon
• Answer technical support questions from clients via telephone, fax, and e-mail. Track all support queries using
our in-house support system.
• Write and conduct live webinars on using the software. Record sessions for inclusion in our suite of training
• Participate in the testing of new versions of our software offerings, reporting any bugs and assisting in resolving
• Write instructional documents for system help, and installation instructions, and other “white papers” as
• Participate in development of client training programs by identifying learning issues; recommending
• Provide feedback to our implementation and programming staff about suspected technical issues.
• Contribute to improvement of products by documenting client suggestions and observing where clients could
use improved tools.
• Maintain details and updates for each assignment in project management software
Qualifications and Skills
• Requires an educational and professional background in museum collections management (BA or MA in
Museum Studies, Historic Preservation, History, or Art History with professional experience working in a
collections management capacity with a museum, archives, or historic institution) in order to provide the best
service and support for our clients.
• Exercise discretion and judgment in determining how clients can best use Re:discovery and in solving clients’
• Good organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Extensive familiarity with Windows operating systems
• Working knowledge of Windows security administration and LANs
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Excellent problem solving skills, verbal/written communication, and phone skills
• Help Desk experience is a plus
• Knowledge of SQL Server is a plus
• Experience using Re:discovery Software products is a plus
• Employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check and may require government
Re:discovery Software Inc is an EEO/AA employer and offers a fully supported benefit package and competitive salaries