Job Listing: Conservation Technician, Agecroft Hall & Gardens
Agecroft Hall & Gardens - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Conservation Technician
Salary - Commensurate with experience.
Job Type - Part-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
Part-time: 8-10 hours/week
Mondays required; Occasional weekend and evening work also required.
Reports to Curator of Collections
Position starts immediately.
The Conservation Technician will assist the Curator with the care and maintenance of Agecroft’s collection, consisting primarily of 17th century English artifacts. The Conservation Technicican will also assist with seasonal house changes and environmental monitoring.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform regular exhibit maintenance, collection inspections and cleaning.
- Monitor museum environment with particular attention to temperature/humidity and integrated pest management.
- Work with curator and conservator in object movement and re-housing, record maintenance, and other projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties beyond the scope of the above responsibilities as assigned.
- A degree (or significant progress towards a BA) in Art History, History, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of proper handling, display, and storage of a variety of artifacts ranging from paper and vellum to ceramics and metals.
- Willingness to learn proper conservation techniques. Prior experience helpful.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, stretch and spend long periods of time on feet.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Administrative and clerical skills necessary as well as computer literacy and some knowledge of museum database software.
Agecroft Hall & Gardens is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please email a short cover letter and resume/CV to Emily Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.