Job Listing: Community Programs & Events Manager
Museum of the Shenandoah Valley - Winchester, VA
Closes - 4/18/2021
Position Title – Community Programs & Events Manager
The Community Programs and Events Manager is responsible for successfully executing year-long dynamic strategies with the goals of expanding community engagement, cultivating new audience relationships, increasing membership households, and stewarding existing community and corporate partnerships. The Community Programs and Events Manager supports the mission of the MSV by designing, planning, implementing, and maximizing revenue potential for community engagement, membership, and corporate partnership programs, events, and rentals.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience required, plus two years’ experience in event planning or community programming, preferably with a museum or in the non-profit sector.
- Experience with customer relationship management database. Ability to learn systems as they pertain to non-profit membership, events, and fundraising required.
- A working knowledge of fundraising for understanding external partner needs and non-profit processes.
- Strong cultural competence, interpersonal communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Experience in program and event development and management, including vendor and volunteer communications and supervision, and contractual compliance with other companies and businesses.
- Flexibility, a collaborative attitude, and a sense of humor to adapt to schedule and organizational changes, and unforeseeable circumstances that arise.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Qualified candidates please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and three references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.