Job Listing: Combat Art Special Assistant
Marine Corps Heritage Foundation - Triangle, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Combat Art Special Assistant
Salary - $14.00-$18.00/hour
Job Type - Part-time
For more info and to apply, click here.
The Combat Art Special Assistants helps to promote the Marine Corps Combat Art Program (MCCAP). Knowledge of fine art and Marine Corps history is mandatory. This position will develop content for the MCCAP Facebook group. The Special Assistant will be responsible for composing text, posting photos, and videos. The Special Assistant will be responsible for managing posts and drafting responses to comments which will be approved for posting by Museum staff.
Position is limited to 29 hours per week with a term not to exceed three years. Position requires some evening and weekend shifts.
- Develop Combat Art-related social media content in consultation with Museum staff
- Draft social media posts for the MCCAP Facebook group
- Monitor Facebook group and draft responses to comments
- Schedule and attend monthly MCCAP Second Saturday events at NMMC
- Photograph and/or film combat art events, programs, and artwork
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Post special event information to special interest groups, homeschoolers, and Facebook
- Assist with events
- BA in art history, military history, museum studies, and/or material culture
- Experience with social media scheduling platforms
- Experience creating online content for a large organization
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Photography and videography skills
- Experience managing a live event on social media
- Ability to multi-task and manage time
- Attention to detail
National Museum of the Marine Corps is an equal opportunity employer.