Job Listing: Camp-In Staff
Virginia Living Museum - Newport News, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Camp-In Staff
Salary - Based on experience
Job Type - Part-Time, Seasonal
For more info and to apply: click here
Under the supervision of the Education Director, the Camp-In Staff member is responsible for the set-up, execution and take-down of overnight camp-in events. Weekend and overnight work is required. This position recognizes the capacity to achieve greater results by integrating skilled volunteers and leveraging their diverse knowledge and abilities. Specific event training will be provided by the Virginia Living Museum.
- General science education background
- Education experience in a museum, nature or science center preferred
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a positive, enthusiastic representative of the Virginia Living Museum
- Set-up and take-down all rooms required for the Camp-In event
- Greet campers upon arrival, assist in their orientation of the event
- Help direct guests throughout the event
- Lead activities as required for the event
- After the event, tidy rooms; return Camp-In materials to the Education Office
- Ensure all museum items are returned to their proper place following use
- Work alongside volunteers in completion of duties
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements
- Ability to work frequent evenings/weekends/overnights during the months of January-April.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly.
- Physical requirements include medium work, exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and move about on foot to accomplish tasks
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and utilize repetitive motions.
- This position is subject to environmental condition for activities occurring indoors and outdoors.
Supervision Exercised: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This position (Position Title) will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate Supervisor/Director. The Virginia Living Museum reserves the right to update, revise or change the job description and related duties at any time.
Qualified applicants please submit a VLM application, cover letter, resume and references. No phone calls, please.