Job Listing: Birthday Party Host
Virginia Zoological Society - Norfolk, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Birthday Party Host
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Part-Time
For more info and to apply, click here.
The Virginia Zoo needs you! We are hiring for part-time Birthday Party Hosts. You will be responsible for making every party a memorable experience by setting up, decorating, singing happy birthday, serving food, setting up games, and cleaning up. Candidates must possess experience working with children of various ages, including very young children, be organized, creative and flexible, and have good communication skills. Please be aware that this position does not involve handling animals.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing for, conducting, and cleaning up Zoo birthday parties.
- Working in cooperation with full-time staff and education instructors.
- Contributing professionally to a collaborative, innovative, and energetic work environment.
- Other tasks as needed.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Qualified applicants should have a high school diploma.
- All candidates should have some experience working with children of all ages.
- Work well on your own and as part of a team with little supervision.
- Experience providing courteous customer service with a professional, caring, positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Able to multi-task, and are honest, trustworthy, dependable, responsible, energetic, self-motivated birthday, organized, aware, and attentive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing and able to stand for long periods of time, lift 30 lbs. comfortably, work in all weather and climate conditions including very hot temperatures and rain.
Candidates must have flexible schedules and the ability to work weekends. The position is limited to no more than 16 hours per week on Saturdays and Sundays only.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE ZOO
- Positive, fun atmosphere.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Free Zoo membership.*
- Discounts in the gift shop and restaurants.
- Ability to share conservation messaging and make an impact in your local community.
*Type and duration of membership are dependent on employment length and status.
At Virginia Zoological Society, we believe that diversity fuels creativity and innovation. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.