Job Listing: Audiovisual Events Technician
Mariners' Museum - Newport News, VA
Salary: $16 hour fulltime
Open until filled
The Audiovisual Event Technician supports the Digital Services Department by being the primary point of contact for the fulfillment of all aspects of audiovisual support needed for programs and events, to include: setup, operation, and maintenance of audiovisual systems and equipment. As a member of Digital Services, this position also provides various levels of support to other Audiovisual functions to include in-gallery exhibitions and infrastructure.
- Responsible for the audiovisual support needs for programs and events.
- Coordinates the operation and maintenance of audiovisual systems used in program and event spaces.
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff to ensure that system operation and design continue to meet the needs of all users. Make recommendations to the Manager, Digital Services as needed.
- Maintain audiovisual equipment and software used in videoconferencing applications for distance learning and other programmatic objectives, to include: video cameras, webcams, and codecs.
- Maintain and manage the digital signage platform used for advertising Museum programming and events.
- Maintain and manage audiovisual presentation equipment inventory, including: loan-able PA systems, portable displays, projectors, sound mixers, and presentation computers.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise in live sound reinforcement and signal flow.
- Maintain an up-to-date task list and respond to new items in a timely manner.
- Research and recommend products that could better serve the needs of audiences and presenters.
- Keep current on audiovisual presentation best practices and trends.
- Maintain the Museum’s guidelines for using digital assets in multimedia presentations. .
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient in setting up and operating a variety of sound and video equipment
- Proficient in Google Apps
- Ability to learn and understand audiovisual automation control systems, such as AMX
- Ability to learn and operate various software: Windows Media Player, iTunes, Quicktime, VLC, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficient in setting up, using and troubleshooting Mac and Windows computers and operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand complex electronic systems
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must work well in a team environment
- Requires strong ability to follow instructions, manage time, and remember details
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Maintain a positive perspective, be proactive and use creativity and ingenuity to solve issues.
Education and Experience:
- High school Degree or GED required.
- 2-3 years experience working in audiovisual and computer operations required.
- Customer service experience a plus but not required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to consistently work a Tuesday through Saturday schedule that could include early mornings and late evenings.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen prior to employment.