Applicants selected for an interview must supply a portfolio, with samples, that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and experience listed below.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with the current methods, materials, techniques and tools used to design and produce graphics for public spaces is required, generally gained through two years of professional graphic design and production experience with two years of progressively increased responsibilities.
- Must be proficient with design software including Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Word and other desktop design and publishing programs generally gained through two years of professional graphic design and production experience.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of the principles of modern graphic design with emphasis on typography, color theory and layout, generally gained through completion of a two-year college graphic design, communication design or studio art curriculum.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to conceptualize, design and produce multiple projects simultaneously, on time and within budgets.
- Must have excellent written and spoken English language skills and be able to proofread written content, including body copy, captions and headlines.
- Must have digital photography image manipulation experience and the ability to convert and apply digital images to various types, styles and sizes of graphics.
- Must have the ability to learn to produce large printed graphics using wide-format plotters and printers.
- Must have the ability to learn print finishing skills using standard studio tools and equipment: cutting, mounting, laminating, straight seaming and mural installation.
- Must be a creative problem-solver and work as part of a creative team, communicating and exchanging ideas and solutions to accomplish project goals within budget, with limited supervision, meet deadlines, follow instructions and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be available to occasionally work non-standard hours, including overtime, early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Must have a valid Virginia Driver’s license, and be able to lift and carry 50 lbs., use freight elevators, walk up and down stairs, work on ladders, scaffolds and aerial work platforms.
- The ability to create original professional quality illustrations in a variety of media.
- The ability to read scaled architectural plans and elevations.
- Experience in 3D digital modeling, rendering or animation.
- Experience in museum, science center, environmental or retail graphic design.
PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE AT WWW.COLONIALWILLIAMSBURG.ORG/CAREERS
Contact: Mike Graver with any questions
Title: Senior Recruiter