Job Listing: Assistant to the Director
Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art - Virginia Beach, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Assistant to the Director
Salary - $36,000-$38,000/Annually
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
The Director & CEO (Director) of Virginia MOCA seeks a personable, well-organized professional to serve as her executive assistant and senior office manager. This person will play a key role in the day-to-day management and success of the Director and her office. Work will be performed under the supervision of the Director and in conjunction with senior leadership staff. The individual hired for this position must clearly and effectively communicate to and on behalf of the Director and must be at ease interacting with all levels of staff, trustees, high- level donors, artists, and VIPs. The Assistant to the Director will handle confidential matters and must be trustworthy and discreet.
• Manage the daily calendar, correspondence, travel, and contacts of the Director
• Perform all administrative and clerical needs of the Director
• Serve as staff liaison for the Board of Trustees. Duties include organizing and attending board meetings and maintaining all board records to ensure compliance with non-profit management standards
• In coordination with the board chair, organize Executive Committee meetings. Duties include agenda preparation and distribution • Organize and attend senior staff meetings
• Contact key Museum stakeholders and community influencers to schedule meetings with Museum senior staff
• Enter contact-report notes into donor database for Director
• Make travel arrangements and compile expense reports for Director
• Plan logistics for VIP visits, develop itineraries, and manage catering
• Manage high-level meetings. Duties include agenda and presentation preparation, note taking, and follow-up assignments
• Serve as lead coordinator for special projects as needed
• Create and maintain executive department budgets
This is a full-time position with benefits, a salary of $36,000-$38,000, and a six-month salary review. The ideal applicant will be a congenial, confident, and well-organized team player who is energized by the prospect of working in a dynamic, leading regional arts institution poised for significant growth.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Virginia MOCA strives for an inclusive work environment and actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. We highly encourage people of color, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented groups to apply.