Job Listing: Assistant Director of Administration
Christ Church Foundation - Weems, VA
Assistant Director for Administration
The Foundation for Historic Christ Church (FHCC) in Weems, Virginia seeks a team player for the position of Assistant Director for Administration. Degree in accounting or related field and experience in management for small business or non-profit desired. Will prepare budgets, accounts payable and other financial records; assist with development, grant reporting, and other fundraising initiatives; oversee maintenance of buildings and grounds, including a modern burying ground; and help manage events. Reports to the Executive Director and works with staff and volunteers as part of a team dedicated to preservation, research, and education at Historic Christ Church (1735), a National Historic Landmark. Competitive salary and benefits. Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work with Executive Director to maintain accurate and up to date accounting for all grants, capital campaigns, preservation projects and other fundraising initiatives
- Maintain records of restricted and unrestricted funds
- Engage business partners and community supporters to promote FHCC’s mission and cultivate donors and membership
Budget, Accounting and Financial
- Work with FHCC accounting firm to ensure FHCC’s financial integrity through the implementation of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and controls for cash and expense management
- Work with FHCC Treasurer, Finance Committee and Executive Director to prepare annual budget
- Assist Office Manager with processing donations and making deposits
- Review invoices and maintain accurate records of accounts payable
- Review FHCC insurance policies
- Assist with audits and taxes as necessary
- Work with Gift Shop manager to help maintain invoices, accounts payable, inventory and other records
- Work with Treasurer and Finance Committee to project on quarterly basis cash flow needs from investments (for transfer to operating accounts); maintain accurate and up to date records of budgeted transfers from investments to operating accounts
- Work with Finance Committee to review and update Investment Policy Statement as necessary
- Reconcile all ticket sales and distribution of proceeds from online ticketing agent Ticketleap
- Prepare final account of event expenses, revenue, ticket sales, attendance, and sponsorships
- Assist with public events before and after including ticketing, seating, AV equipment and set-up/clean up.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure minutes from Board of Directors, Volunteer Council and various committees are up to date and preserved in both printed and digital formats
- Make updates to Constant Contact lists as needed with other staff members
- Maintain up-to-date records on all properties FHCC owns
- Assist Office Manager with document retention policy requirements
- Work with technology consultant to ensure all campus computers, servers, printers, scanners, routers, credit card machines, AV and sound equipment, and other devices are operational and running updated software (operating systems, security, and cloud backup)
- Assist volunteers with Gift Shop Point of Sale (POS) as needed
- Ensure FHCC records, digital images and other files are on server and backed up
- Maintain accurate record of usernames and passwords for electronic devices
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and experience with or willingness to learn donor management and other software including, but not limited to, Gift Shop Point of Sale [POS], Family Tree Maker, Past Perfect and Crypt Keeper.
Buildings & Grounds Maintenance
- With Chair of Buildings & Grounds and Executive Director, maintain a long-range plan and budget for routine maintenance of campus buildings, parking areas and landscape (mechanical, plumbing, lighting, security, signage, landscaping); regularly monitor these areas to identify problems and needed repairs
- With Chair of Buildings and Grounds and Exec Director schedule and oversee work of contractors undertaking facility repairs and maintenance projects
- Maintain up to date and accurate records of all maintenance work, invoices, and accounts payable
- Work with Horticulture Chair, Executive Director and Garden Club of Virginia liaison to maintain the landscape to a standard commensurate with the history and beauty of the church/churchyard and the Garden Club of Virginia’s Restoration Plan.
- Maintain a record of all expenses and revenues for the Burying Ground on a yearly basis to include site assignments, marker sales and installation, landscaping requirements and repairs
- Routinely check burying ground for damage to or problems with markers, individual sites, and general landscaping
- Assist Office Manager as needed with maintaining burying ground records (printed and digital), marking graves, and working with funeral homes, vault companies and others involved in burials
The successful candidate will be a motivated team player committed to the mission of the Foundation for Historic Christ Church. The Assistant Director for Administration will work closely with staff, volunteers, board members, and others to carry out these and other duties as may be assigned in support of FHCC’s mission.