Job Listing: Annual Fund Manager
THOMAS JEFFERSON'S POPLAR FOREST - FOREST, VA
Position Closes: January 18, 2019
Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest, Thomas Jefferson’s personal retreat and plantation located outside Lynchburg, Virginia seeks to hire an Annual Fund Manager to expand the impact of the organization’s development team. The Annual Fund Manager will report to the Director of Development, providing assistance to this role, but will be tasked with increasing contributions to the organization’s annual fund through work with current and prospective donors.
* Develop and lead comprehensive annual fund program, including strategies to increase average gift amounts and grow membership base. Focus will be on donors giving below $1,000.
* Create and execute a series of segmented and targeted mail and email campaigns/appeals to renew annual contributions, encourage support for special projects throughout the year, and attract new donors.
* Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits with an emphasis on moving donors up to higher giving categories.
* Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
* Plan and execute events for members/annual fund supporters.
* Recruit new members and cultivate existing members at public programs and events.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree required and three to five years of experience in fundraising or a related field; knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
* Experience with direct mail and managing a complex database.
* Advanced working knowledge of Raiser's Edge (Blackbaud). Ideal candidate will be proficient in running queries and exporting data, segmenting based on donor giving patterns, etc.
* Ability to maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
* Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
* Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
* Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
* Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member.
* Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records.
* Position will require travel to visit donors in various geographic locations as well as occasional evening and weekend commitments (for events and public programs).
Salary & Benefits:
* Life insurance - employer offers life insurance (employee only) equal to the greater of one times annual salary or $50,000. No employee contributions required – 100% paid by employer.
* Health/Dental insurance - employer contributes to (qualified permanent full-time/part-time working 30 hours + per week) employee medical/dental coverage (currently 90% of individual coverage) and also pays a portion of dependent coverage (currently $200 per month total toward dependent coverage). Employer contributions subject to change.
* Retirement – employer contributes 3% of earnings into a safe harbor 401(k) Retirement Plan for all eligible employees (permanent staff who are 21 years of age or older). Employer also matches 33% of every dollar contributed by employees up to 6% (so a maximum additional “matching” contribution of 1.98% (33% of 6%). Employer contributions subject to change.
* Vacation – employer offers paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days which accrue biweekly:
2 weeks paid vacation annually (increases to 3 wks after 4 yrs; 4 weeks after 9 yrs)
8 days sick leave annually
2 days personal leave annually
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is January 18, 2019. While email is preferred, if you would like to send your application package by mail, please mail to:
Alyson M. Ramsey, Director of Development
Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest
P.O. Box 419
Forest, VA 24551
No phone calls please.