Job Listing: Annual Fund & Membership Manager
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Annual Fund & Membership Manager
Salary - $50,000-$60,000/annually
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
The Annual Fund and Membership Manager will oversee the Garden’s Membership program and Annual Fund. They will work with the Associate Director of Advancement to develop strategies to provide steady and significant growth in both numbers and revenue generated through the Annual Fund and Membership programs. Membership Services personnel will report directly to the Annual Fund and Membership Manager.
- Devise strategic growth plans for the Annual Fund and Membership campaigns
- Execute the plans working collaboratively with the Advancement Communications Manager
- Strive for healthy growth in all segments of Annual Fund donors and Membership categories
- Supervise Membership personnel, embracing their professional growth and development while ensuring best practice in customer service, gift processing, record management and all other facets of the Annual Fund and Membership programs
- Manage a portfolio of 20-50 prospects, including the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts with written engagement and focused solicitation strategies for donors $2,500+ and others as assigned
- Using a Moves Management platform, continually monitor the portfolio to ensure healthy segments in all stages
- Help identify major gift prospects in collaboration with the Associate Director of Advancement
- Work independently and creatively to match donor interests with Garden priorities
- Engage existing and new donors in discussions regarding gift opportunities that align with Garden priorities
- Ensure that the importance of Members is kept in the forefront of the minds of Garden leadership and all Garden staff and volunteers
- Actively engage Members to grow the number of Member households
- Oversee and participate in data analytics for Membership and the Annual Fund
- Help create strategies based on the data analysis
- Help ensure that our data collection standards are within industry best practices
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Must be a proactive, seasoned, successful, intelligent, intuitive and empathetic person.
- Must communicate clearly, effectively and comfortably in written and spoken word with guests, members, staff, Board, volunteers and vendors.
- Must adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality and best practice for development professionals.
- Must actively participate in the creation of long-range plans.
- Must be goal-oriented, yet flexible and adaptable to the ever-changing needs of our constituents.
- Must possess a commitment to the Garden’s mission and its core values, particularly honesty and integrity.
- Must be a positive and motivating presence while embracing change and
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to be self-motivated and disciplined.