Job Listing: Admissions and Retail Manager
Pamplin Historical Park - Petersburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Admissions and Retail Manager
Salary - $35,600/annually with full benefits.
Job Type - Full-Time
To learn more and apply, click here.
The Admissions and Retail Manager is responsible for the daily operations in the Civil War Store, and at the Park’s Admission desk. He/She will also assist with managing and staffing the Park’s duty stations in the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier and the Battlefield Center. He/she directly supervises all hourly staff and volunteers in Retail & Admissions. He/she recruits, trains, mentors, and evaluates all direct reports. The incumbent also assists with the Park’s Volunteer program. This includes recruiting volunteers and recommending them for service. He/she will assist in training, mentoring, and evaluating all volunteers who serve in retail, admissions, or visitor services capacities. The Admissions and Retail Manager will ensure that excellent customer service is provided by all staff and volunteers working in retail, admission, or visitor services capacities
- Possess an associate’s degree (bachelor’s degree preferred) in communications, business, marketing, or related field
- Have a minimum of three years paid experience working in a retail setting in a public contact capacity; experience at a museum or historic site preferred
- Have a minimum of one year of supervisory experience
- A comparable combination of education and experience will also be considered sufficient
- Possess outstanding customer service skills as demonstrated in a work environment and demonstrate the ability to instill those skills in subordinate staff and volunteers
- Possess strong oral and written communications skills as demonstrated in a professional setting
- Demonstrate a professional record of working successfully in a team environment in progressively more complex situations.
- Possess competence in operating computerized point of sale and inventory systems
- Demonstrate experience using word processing and spreadsheet software applications
- Possess the ability to lift up to thirty pounds without assistance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
To Apply: Submit a complete Pamplin Historical Park application form, a resume, and a narrative statement of not more than two typewritten pages addressing the preferred qualifications for this position. Additional materials may be included at the applicant's discretion; however, the Park does not guarantee the return of any application materials. Highly qualified applicants will be interviewed by telephone. The best candidates will be invited to participate in a personal interview at the Park at their own expense. All applicants will be notified about the status of their application; therefore, we request that applicants do not call the Park for information about their candidacy. Applicants wishing to withdraw their name from consideration should notify Pamplin Historical Park at their earliest convenience.
To obtain an application form, log on to www.pamplinpark.org, call (804) 861-2408, or request one at the Park. Submit completed application packets to: Pamplin Historical Park, Attn: Amanda Jones, Director of Administration and Membership Services, 6125 Boydton Plank Road, Petersburg, VA 23803. Application packets may be mailed, e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (804) 861-2820, or hand-delivered.
About Pamplin Historical Park: Pamplin Historical Park is located on a 424-acre campus in Dinwiddie County, Virginia, six miles from Petersburg and 31 miles south of Richmond. The Park contains three museums, features an extensive costumed interpretive program, and preserves the site of a major Civil War battlefield. Pamplin Historical Park, a privately owned 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, and is a major historical attraction with an ambitious expansion plan. For more information, please visit our website at www.pamplinpark.org.