Job Listing: Administrative Specialist, Historic Museum Theater Operations
Colonial Williamsburg - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Administrative Specialist - Historic Museum Theater Operations
Job Type - Full-time
For more info and to apply, CLICK HERE.
Responsible for facilitating daily logistical and operational needs of the Museum Theater Department to ensure the department can function at its highest level in meeting the mission and goals of Colonial Williamsburg.
- Oversees facility use for the department, communicating with appropriate parties (including Maintenance, IT, Conservation, Pest control, etc.) to address any issues. Coordinates between departments and makes sure spaces are appropriately set up and maintained. Facilities the department primarily uses currently include 4 buildings and 3 outdoor stages.
- Serves as a Daily Program Manager (DPM) regularly at least 2 days a week. The DPM is the point person for the department's schedule and assignments that day, duties include:
- Adjusts program and staff schedules for the day to cover any unexpected absences
- Ensures scheduled staff are checked in for daily assignments
- Supports staff and ensures programming runs smoothly
- Makes appropriate day-of decisions or program changes based on weather, staffing, etc. Communicates updates effectively with all impacted parties
- Provides guest service and support when assisting with programming
- Sends nightly report notes for the day to department supervisors and DPMs
- Coordinates between departments to facilitate the acquisition, storage, and maintenance of props, department supplies, and other shared physical resources in the department. Ensures supplies are available in a timely fashion.
- Assists Director with budget reconciliation and purchasing for the department.
- Facilitates and conducts any needed safety trainings for the staff, coordinates risk assessments, and ensures department operations are compliant with relevant safety procedures.
- Solicits feedback from staff and other stakeholders in order to provide input and implement improvements to the workplace culture and operations.
- Learns, trouble-shoots, and utilizes any necessary software systems or updated technology appropriate to the job.
- Actively manages inquiries by answering questions, solving problems, and seeking out answers from staff and other parts of the Foundation. Maintains up-to-date contacts for the department.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required and Preferred Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and skills necessary for the job generally achieved through 2 or more years of related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Stage Management experience
- Customer relations experience
- Administrative experience
- Familiarity with Museum operations
- Stagecraft experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to remain positive, flexible, and resilient in a changing work environment.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to urgent critical situations effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing technological developments.
- Demonstrated dependability and punctuality.
- Demonstrated confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated initiative and independent problem solving.
- Ability to work at least one weekend day/week and some holidays.