Job Listing: Administrative Specialist A
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Adminstravie Specialist A
Salary - Based on experience.
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply: click here
Administrative Specialist A, Scheduling: Works with supervisors and other scheduler to produce and maintain work schedules for interpreters, using an approved scheduling system. Assists with the development of scheduling operations, processes and systems. Works closely with the Group Sales Team. Prepares the departmental statistics and other analysis for department management team. Develops and maintains scheduling forms, records and reports. Works with members of the management team to keep the schedule current. Assists with daily changes needed for coverage across the historic area. Maintains current employee contact information. Helps with employee communications.
- Works with the management team and schedulers to produce and maintain work schedules for approximately 150 Department Historic Interpretation interpretive employees, using an approved scheduling system. Taking into consideration the number of staff and the specific skills required for each assignment prepares and distributes schedules. Coordinates the scheduling of training and other assignments with other departments, as appropriate.
- Assists in making ongoing changes in daily schedules to accommodate varying program requirements and personnel availability due to illness, vacation, emergencies, termination, etc. Based on established guidelines, takes necessary action to provide staff necessary to maintain quality programs and visitor service, including changing assignments and calling in additional staff. Notifies interpreters, supervisors and others affected by these staffing changes. Keeps a record of changes.
- Works with members of scheduling team to develop and evaluate interpreter schedule options based on staffing requirements.
- Receives vacation and sick leave request approved by supervisors and enters them into the scheduling system
- Maintains a roster of all employees, their work availability (base schedule and regularly assigned days off), and their skills.
- Works with scheduling team to design and manage staffing reports and records. Prepares statistical reports on all tours offered by the department for use in determining future staffing needs and potential problems. Advises management on the projected levels for vacation, sick and other absences. Produces other reports, as requested. Manage communication databases.
- Assists with creating schedules for volunteers as requested, such as at the Liberty Lounge.
- Performs other related duties as appropriate.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently and work efficiently
- Proficiency in designing and producing computer spreadsheets
- Ability to perform and analyze mathematical computations; strong organizational skills; word processing skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing work priorities; ability to evaluate situations and exercise sound judgment. Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain hospitable and effective work relationships with diverse people across the organization.
- Demonstrated dependability and punctuality - - competencies usually gained through the educational equivalent of 1 – 2 years of college and five years progressively responsible clerical work experience.
- Familiarity with Historic Area interpretive programs; previous experience at Colonial Williamsburg