Job Listing: Administrative Assistant/Educator
Beth Ahabah Museum and Archives – Richmond, VA
Closes – Open until filled.
Position Title – Administrative Assistant/Educator
Salary - $15,000-$16,000/annually
Job Type - Part-Time
The Beth Ahabah Museum and Archives collects, preserves, and exhibits materials related to Jewish history and culture—with particular emphasis on Richmond, Virginia. It maintains the records and objects of Kahal Kadosh (K.K.) Beth Shalome, the sixth oldest synagogue in the country, and its successor, Congregation Beth Ahabah. It also collects materials of Jewish organizations, businesses, and families throughout the Richmond community.
The museum is seeking a part-time administrative assistant/educator to work 25 hours a week. The candidate selected will perform general office duties, give tours, manage the website and social media platforms and help develop and conduct other programs. Sunday work is required.
- Greet visitors and provide tours of museum and sanctuary.
- Perform general office duties including bill-paying, purchasing, recording donations and preparing financial statements.
- Maintain the Website and Facebook page.
- Develop and conduct Zoom programs, power point presentations and webinars.
- Assist with research and exhibit preparation.
- Help maintain the records of Richmond’s Hebrew Cemetery.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with web design
- Ability to work in a small team in close quarters
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Experience in museum education is preferred
- Knowledge of Richmond history is preferred
- Knowledge of Judaism is preferred
Please send a resume and cover letter to William Obrochta at firstname.lastname@example.org.