Job Listing: Manager of Partnerships & Community Engagement
Virginia Museum of History & Culture - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled.
Position Title – Manager of Partnerships & Community Engagement
Salary - $45,000-$50,000/annually
Job Type - Full-time
For more info and to apply, click here.
As a critical element of the Virginia Museum of History & Culture's aspiration to better welcome and represent all Virginians and its team's collective desire for continued and thoughtful progress, the Manager of Partnerships & Community Engagement is responsible for supporting and inspiring expanded institutional outreach and engagement with new and diverse communities and partners throughout the Commonwealth. This position will foster these new community connections and trust relationships to encourage institutional improvement in providing meaningful and inclusive programs and mission activity. As a key advisor to the President & CEO, this position also works to develop and support internal growth and progress toward a more inclusive and effective organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage community relationship-building strategies to increase the VMHC's capacity to serve diverse audiences as well as its overall exposure across the Commonwealth
- Manage a comprehensive strategy to promote new and expanded programs that attract communities previously underrepresented in VMHC programs and audience
- Develop benchmarks and metrics to assess program performance, including the engagement of new audiences
- Serve as a key spokesperson on the organization's community engagement initiatives, clearly articulating relevant programs and activities of the VMHC and its vision for the future
- Provide support to the President on community engagement initiatives, special projects and the overall cultural competence of VMHC professional staff
- Provide professional writing services and support to the President including articles, speeches, public remarks, and other internal and external communications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with diverse staff, trustees, volunteers and community stakeholders
- Experience creating and evaluating cultural competency programs for staff development
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Excellent writing and public speaking abilities
- Strong computer skills and technical facility in preparing presentations
- Ability to represent the VMHC with a high level of integrity and professionalism
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of training and professional experience
- Three to five years of related work experience successfully cultivating and maintaining relationships with diverse communities
- Demonstrated commitment to community outreach through civic engagement, cultural competency and collaboration
If interested in this job opportunity, please apply and upload your cover letter and resume to https://virginiahistory.isolvedhire.com/jobsearch/?job_board_classification=Job_Opportunities.
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture is owned and operated by the Virginia Historical Society ' a private, non-profit organization established in 1831. The historical society is the oldest cultural organization in Virginia, and one of the oldest and most distinguished history organizations in the nation. For use in its state history museum and its renowned research library, the historical society cares for a collection of nearly nine million items representing the ever-evolving story of Virginia.
The Virginia Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.