Job Listing: Chief Executive Officer
Branch Museum of Architecture and Design - Richmond, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Chief Executive Officer
Salary - Based on experience and qualifications with a minimum base salary of $85,000/annually
Job Type - Full-Time
For more info and to apply, CLICK HERE.
OVERVIEW: The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design (The Branch) seeks a Chief Executive Officer to lead The Branch through a period of strategic growth and the development of new opportunities. The Executive Director will be an inspiring leader responsible for creatively directing all aspects of the organization. The Branch is a not-for-profit museum that presents opportunities for diverse communities to explore design in all its forms. The Museum owns the historic Branch House, a John Russell Pope designed house on Richmond’s Monument Avenue. This unique setting inspires the exploration of design, creates connections, strengthens communities, and transforms the world we share for the better.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have served as a senior executive in a museum or mission-related nonprofit organization. The desired candidate will:
- Be a passionate advocate for design in all forms;
- Have significant strategic leadership experience with a total of at least 7 years of senior management experience;
- Possess a demonstrated understanding of nonprofit management, preferably in historic preservation or design organizations; and
- Have earned an undergraduate degree, with a master’s degree a plus.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director will report directly to The Branch’s Board of Trustees through its Chair, and responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Leadership – Develop an inspired vision for The Branch that identifies new opportunities for participation with diverse communities and collaboration in exploring in depth all aspects of design in our community and the wider world; developing and implementing a strategic plan to guide the organization in ways that meet the program and business goals of The Branch as a regional museum of design and architecture; lead a capable team in managing the Museum and the Branch House’s programs, facilities and sustaining business functions;
- Fund Development – Strengthen and diversity the museum’s funding base to support The Branch’s programmatic presence, meet the ongoing needs of the historic house, and ensure the sustainability and resilience of the organization;
- Financial Administration – Oversee the development and management of the Branch’s annual budget - including programs, fundraising, capital project - and the implementation of operational plans in accordance with The Branch’s financial policies;
- Governance - As a voting member of The Branch Board of Trustees, work closely with the Board Chair and Officers, and serve as liaison to established board committees, subcommittees, and potential task forces; and nurture a culture of transparency and communication throughout the Museum;
- Program Supervision - Work through the Director of Operations and the Museum Educator to oversee the development and execution of exhibitions, educational programs and related projects and initiatives that effectively advance the mission and vision of the Organization; and
- Facility Oversight –
- Oversee matters relating to the historic Branch House and its facilities management and historic preservation, including repairs, restoration, and conservation; and
- Provide oversight on all business matters for the Branch House including: tenant management, third party rentals, zoning compliance, and neighborhood relationships.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience and qualifications with a minimum base salary of $85,000 annually
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: Begin full-time employment no later than August 1, 2021
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION: The Branch is committed to acting affirmatively to ensure diversity and equality of opportunity in its programs, staff development, and hiring.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates should send a letter of interest with resume to CEOsearchTheBranch@gmail.com. A full copy of the CEO position description is available on The Branch’s website, www.branchmuseum.org. Position will remain open until filled.