Job Listing: Assistant Interpretive Site Supervisor
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation - Williamsburg, VA
Closes - Open until filled
Position Title – Assistant Interpretive Site Supervisor
Salary - $35,278/annually with state benefits
Job Type - Full-time
For more info and to apply, click here.
The Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation is seeking a qualified individual to develop and implement engaging learning experiences and programs connected to the various recreated historical sites at Jamestown Settlement and the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown. The Assistant Interpretive Site Supervisor is also responsible for assisting with supervision of daily operations, including training, scheduling, and evaluating staff. This is a full-time position reporting to an Interpretive Site Supervisor and requires weekend and holiday work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement educational programs
- Expertise in teaching, promoting dialogue and questioning, and facilitating educational experiences
- Demonstrated passion for history, along with an ability to learn historical content and methodologies for visitor interactions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, coach, and manage employees
- Ability to foster empathy amongst colleagues and visitors while working effectively and respectfully with people of diverse cultures, ages, and economic backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated positive approach to problem solving, new tasks, and collaborating with others
- Experience teaching or interpreting American Indian history, culture, and technology preferred
This position may work in the Paspahegh Town, Jamestown Fort, Jamestown Ships, Yorktown Farm, or Yorktown Encampment sites.
Demonstrated skills in teaching and training adults. Strong leadership and organizational skills. Ability to assume leadership positions when required. The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a contributing member of a team. Ability to work outdoors in all weather, with extensive standing, walking and heavy-lifting. Weekend and holiday work required, including Sundays.
Experience teaching or interpreting American Indian history, culture, and technology preferred. Degree in history, anthropology, education, communication or museum studies preferred.
Please submit an application either on-line at https:virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/ or by contacting Human Resources for additional application options. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Applicants will only be screened based on what is presented in the Commonwealth of Virginia employment application and related documents. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. JYF encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.