|Ann Brownson Award|
Ann Brownson Award
The 2017 recipient of The Ann Brownson Award will be announced at the 2017 Annual Conference during the Awards Luncheon to be held Monday, March 20, 2017.
The Ann Brownson Award is given annually to an individual who has given outstanding service to the Virginia museum community and to the Virginia Association of Museums. It was established in 1999 by the Council of the Virginia Association of Museums to honor the service and accomplishments of Ann Brownson, who provided spirited and committed leadership as a member of the VAM Council from 1991-1999 and also served on the boards of many museums and cultural organizations throughout the Commonwealth. Nominations are due by February 3, 2017.
* Nominee must be someone who has been active in service to the museum community during three of the past five years.
* Nominee should be someone from outside of the field with a track record of support for museums and museum issues.
* The nominating organization or individual must be a current VAM member.
* Any VAM member may nominate an individual for the award.
* The nomination must include information stating the reasons why this individual should be selected to receive the Ann Brownson Award (see Judging Criteria).
* Nominations should be submitted by February 3, 2017 and can be emailed to Jennifer Thomas, executive director, at email@example.com, faxed to 804.358.3174, or mailed to VAM 3126 West Cary Street #447 Richmond, VA 23221.
* The award will be presented at VAM’s 2017 Annual Conference at The Hotel Roanoke in Roanoke, Virginia during the luncheon.
* The Selection Committee will be looking for an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in support of museums at the board, community or government level over an extended period of time.
* Preference will be given to the individual whose support and dedication has benefited more than one museum or cultural organization.
* The individual should also have demonstrated commitment to the professional development of Virginia’s museum community through support for and/or participation in the Virginia Association of Museums and its programs.
For questions, please contact Jennifer Thomas, executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.358.3172.
1/23/2017 » 4/21/2017
JTCC Museum Studies: Survey of Museum Practice (ART 184 N26B)
1/23/2017 » 4/21/2017
JTCC Museum Studies: Collections Management (ART 186 N26B)
VAM would like to welcome the following new member!